lunes, 23 de mayo de 2016

MODULE 9 


COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE ADJETIVES 


The comparative is used in English to compare differences between the two objects to amending (larger, smaller, faster, higher). It is used in sentences where we compare two names, the following manner:

Name (subject) + verb + adjective comparative degree + than + name (object).

FOR EXAMPLE 

  • My house is larger than hers.

  • This box is smaller than the one I lost.

  • Your dog runs faster than Jim's dog.

  • The rock flew higher than the roof.

  • Jim and Jack are both my friends, but I like Jack better.




The superlatives used to describe an object that is located in 

top or bottom of a quality (the tallest, the smallest, the 

fastest, the highest). It is used in sentences in which a 

subject compared with a group of object


Name (subject) + verb + the + adjective superlatively + name

(object).


FOR EXAMPLE 

  • My house is the largest one in our neighborhood.

  • This is the smallest box I've ever seen.

  • Your dog ran the fastest of any dog in the race.

  • We all threw our rocks at the same time. My rock flew 

  • the highest






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario